Marilyn Monroe’s friend Frieda Hull kept the color pictures she took of pregnant Marilyn private until Frieda’s death in 2014. The images were taken in 1960 when the star was 34 years old.
- Marilyn Monroe’s friend Frieda Hull kept the color pictures she took of Marilyn’s baby bump private but were sold as part of Frieda’s estate last year
- The pictures were taken in July, 1960 in New York City; Marilyn was 34 years old
- Marilyn and married French actor Yves Montand began working together on Let’s Make Love in February of that year and their affair began soon after
- The images were the prized possession of Hull, who worked for Pan Am and became close to the star while part of a group of fans known as the Monroe Six
- Frieda dubbed the pictures ‘the pregnant slides’ – a reference to a shocking secret the screen siren kept right up until her death
- Tony Michaels, a friend and neighbor of Frieda’s, bought the images at the ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ Marilyn Memorabilia Auction held by Julien’s Auctions in LA
- Michaels was told by Frieda that Marilyn lost the baby. ‘ It was never made clear whether that was by way of a miscarriage or even an abortion’